On Saturday night, my friend Christine and I met for dinner at a new (and quite fabulous) restaurant - Bamboo. But it wasn't Bamboo. It was...
Bambu. Enter pet peeve. Why does purposely misspelling a word = catchy and charming? To me, it = ANNOYING. It's not Bambu. It's Bamboo. But I'll forgive you because the sink and faucet in your restroom were nothing short of breathtaking. And your wasabi caesar salad was to die for.
Then, I had a startling revelation. In the same strip mall as Bambu, I spied no less than TWO other companies attempting the same. Allow me to present Exhibit B:
And the horribly egregious Exhibit C:
I mean, that's a flagrant foul, people.
So, I challenge you - see how many purposely misspelled businesses and products you spy in the next few days, then tell me that it doesn't get under your skin, too.
Game on...

girl I am so with you there...
ReplyDeletecuts & suche
klassic kuts
ahahahahah!!
loving your blog...darrell and joni are good friends from my ngcsu days.
ReplyDeleteyou are too funny!
i hope it isnt too weird that a complete stranger is commenting on your blog.
what about name spellings? i often 2nd guess the way we spelled our sons name....
jaxon rather than jackson. hmmmmmm. i just liked "jax" better than jack. but i wonder if he'll hate it when folks are constantly spelling it wrong, etc.
with you on the business name spellings though.
Thanks for commenting, Tara! I'm not at all creeped out - any friend of D & J's is a friend of mine. And, this particular pet peeve of mine is very business/product specific, I guess because it's just SO GIMMICKY. Names are a different story althogether.
ReplyDelete