I'm sorry I wasn't more careful during Grill Assembly 2009 (chronicled here). I know you're in the big black trash bag that's currently sitting in the big rolling trash can that's currently sitting at the end of my driveway, because it's Tuesday and Tuesday is trash day on Parkside Drive. And I really wish you weren't in that trash bag in that trash can at the end of the driveway. Because I found out on Saturday that I really DO need you after all.
If I would've done a more thorough assembly job, I would've realized that you had an important role to play in the whole grill thing. But I wasn't careful OR thorough. I was hasty and determined and practically foaming at the mouth to get the grill assembled and if it were possible for a human to high five herself, I would've high fived myself when I realized I only had one left over part. You. You were the left over part and I felt triumphant and promptly swept you up and threw you away. And for that, I am eternally sorry. The left arm of my grill will never properly attach to the left leg and every time I attempt to roll the grill, I will be reminded of you and I will die a little inside.
I hope you find your accommodations at the Charleston County landfill to be adequate. My sincerest apologies.

No comments:
Post a Comment