On a few previous occasions, I've documented my love/hate affair with driving the church bus. For one such example, read the first three paragraphs of this post. Go ahead...I'll wait.
As you have learned by now, I've been known to hit a curb or two (or ten) while driving the bus. Mind you, no one has ever been in any danger (passenger or pedestrian), but sometimes I misjudge the curb and end up hitting it. Better a curb than someone's face.
Fast forward to this evening. I'm sitting around having dinner with my teenage friends. One of them just earned her learner's license permit and was showing it off to the table. In mid-sentence, she suddenly gasped and said, "Elizabeth! I thought of you today. I was driving with my mom, and I hit a curb, and I thought of you right away and couldn't wait to tell you. I wanted to text you but my mom wouldn't let me because I was driving."
1). Don't text and drive. Good on you, mom.
2). Seriously? Please tell me you also think of me when in the midst of some Lifetime-movie-worthy peer pressure moment. Please? Please tell me my influence in your life goes deeper than giggling about curbs.
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment