As I sit here on the eve of my 31st birthday, one thought keeps running through my mind: “Man, I really love nachos.”
Just kidding. The thought that keeps creeping up on me goes something like this: “Wow. Look where I’ve landed.”
I think back on other eve-of-birthdays and wish I could remember more about how I spent them. In the distant past, I’m sure March 5 held sleep-overs, bowling parties, and excitement about cake. Because I do love some cake.
This March 5 holds such an indescribable feeling of awe and disbelief at the year that has just been. The celebration of my 30th birthday set the standard high. Really high. There was one surprise after another, from surprise guests to surprise gifts. I declared it the best birthday ever…a claim I still stand behind.
What I didn’t know then was the standard set during the birthday celebration would be carried though all areas of my life for my entire 30th year.
It’s been a whirlwind. I resigned from one job and changed careers totally. I met my match and holy crap got engaged. I broke a bone for the first time ever. I spent the year being challenged and delighted and astounded and often times unable to fully comprehend and process one change before another amazing change fell into my lap.
To put it mildly, it was a banner year.
So here’s to 30…a year I’ll not soon forget, and one I’m not sure I have the energy to repeat!
3 years ago

Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDelete