Sunday, March 20, 2011

Suddenly very, very inspired

In a post last week, I resolved to blog again when I felt inspired. Well here I am, world. More inspired than ever.

The reason for my sudden change of heart? Glad you asked. To completely grasp the magnitude of the update below, I encourage you to refresh your memory of my relationship with my neighbor (as it relates to yard work) by reading this post from last year.

Picture it. Saturday afternoon. Driving up my street from a wedding that Jeremy and I attended earlier that morning, when much to my chagrin, I spied Bob. In the street. With his leaf blower. Let's join the program, already in progress:



It's at this point that I must exclaim "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?!?!" Also, can you believe how many times I used the word "like" in that video? Also, can you believe how annoying my annoyed voice is?

To paint the rest of the picture for you, shortly after I stopped videoing, I hung up with Jeremy (who must've felt like a drive-by shooting victim), a gentleman rode up my driveway on his bike asking if I had any yard work for him. I scoffed (politely) and said, "No sir, I don't. But something tells me he does."

Then, I engaged Bob in a conversation during which there was a lot of back and forth about exactly what he was doing in the middle of the road with his leaf blower aimed at my property line. The bike-rider skulked away, looking like he wished he were never born. I was UBER respectful to Bob, because he is, after all, my elder. But in my annoying annoyed voice let him know that I didn't appreciate his blowing.

Then, I went inside and took a nap.

So there.

Also, in the interest of bettering humanity, I've given myself 2 demerits for each "like" I uttered. I'm really, really sorry.

2 comments:

  1. I can bring you a leaf blower....and we can get up in the middle of the night and blow them back ONTO his yard...Or better yet... I have a neighbor that bags his leaves..I can bring a few bags and we can dump them in his yard in the middle of the night..... You game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done and done. If he wins Yard of the Month (again), I'm filing an official protest.

    ReplyDelete