Picture it:
Yesterday afternoon, sitting in the ski lodge after a morning spent at Urgent Care with one teenage friend (yea for no broken bones!). I'm enjoying some down time with another teenage friend. She and I are looking at a bridal magazine, and she's picking out what dresses she thinks I would like.
Suddenly, she looks up from the page and goes:
"Oh, I've been meaning to ask you. Are you going to lose weight before your wedding?"
silence...silence....silence
Me: (with far more warning and reproach in my voice than could ever be conveyed in print) "Do. I. Need. To?????"
Her: "That's not what I'm saying. It just seems like everyone always tries to lose all this weight so they can fit into their dream dress..."
End of conversation. And snacking.
I mean...seriously?
3 years ago

I want to hate this girl for you, but mostly I'm laughing. "It just seems like everyone always tries to lose all this weight so they can fit into their dream dress..." Hahahahahaha... :) Oh, kids say the darnedest things.
ReplyDeleteI with VEI... or EIS. Whatever we want to call her. Kids just say the funniest things.
ReplyDeleteNO. You don't need to lose weight. Look like your skinny self. You'll be beautiful no matter what.
This from the girl who had my bra maker add some extra "umph"