Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One "flu" over the cuckoo's nest.

Friends, I have just been diagnosed with Type A Influenza.

Being that I've never had the flu before (yes, that's right...never) I wasn't too sure what was going on. Yesterday, I felt weird. How's that for scientific description of a symptom?

"Yes, doctor. Thanks for fitting me in on such short notice. I'm here because...well...I feel weird."

One doctor's appointment, a soul-melting nose swab, and an hour later it was confirmed. Type A Flu.

All I could think was "hey, at least my flu matches my personality."

I'm off to send thoughts of care and concern to my immune system. Let's go, sister! We've got work to do!

1 comment:

  1. Gross. I get it about every 5 years or so and it WIPES ME OUT. I say, live on the edge, don't shower, eat ice cream, and nap. Then make a list of your day in an excel file to go with the type a.

    ReplyDelete