Please take note: The next time you're driving more than an hour in a caravan of vehicles wherein males constitute more than 1/2 of the drivers, you must at all times be prepared to announce which mile marker you've just passed. I've never experienced anything quite like it. During the drive to and from West Virginia last weekend, I've never felt more inadequate than when (over and over and over) a driver from another car would call and say, "Hey! We just passed mile marker 134. What about you?" Causing me to pause, stammer, stutter, and stall before admitting, "Ummmm...I'm not quite sure."
I had to really fight the urge to get super competitive, too. Are you calling to brag that you're beating me? You do realize that I'm driving a short bus that begins to shudder the second you reach 60 MPH and you're in a mini van, right? And you feel smug because you're a full 10 miles in front of me? If the tables were turned, I'd beat you by a full hour, hoss.
Honestly, I've never really paid that much attention to mile markers before. Apparently, I'm the only one.
3 years ago

No, once I heard a friend give directions to my house and use the milemarker as an exit. I had no idea and exited there EVERYDAY! I like to use descriptives in my directions.
ReplyDeleteOMG I was just in WV Skiing too!!!! I bet you passed me on the slopes, I was the one all bundled up -ha! :) Yeah, I concur on your caravan ride...
ReplyDelete