Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tardy Pet Peeve

So I have a really good excuse. Like the best excuse ever. Like better than "my dog at my Pet Peeve Monday." My excuse for missing Pet Peeve Monday, dear readers, is that I was driving a 15 passenger bus back from a West Virginian ski trip with 14 of my closest teenage friends who, for 6.5 hours, I kid you not, played the game "Who Am I?" Until yesterday, I was not familiar with this game, but the rules are simple. One person thinks of a celebrity or pop culture icon, and all other contestants ask question after question after mind-numbing question until they correctly guess who the person is. If 6.5 hours of that game isn't fodder in itself for Pet Peeve Winner of the century, I don't know what is. I felt certain they'd play for a few rounds, get distracted by a shiny object in the corner or maybe for the love of all things holy FINALLY fall asleep, but they persevered through fuel stops, restroom stops, even LUNCH.

Whoever says teenagers are apathetic and unfocused should've been on that bus. Driving. Instead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment